Don't forget the Wallace event in Usk, Wales next Sunday! Details are as follows:
Sunday 21 September 2008, 10.30 - 3.45
ALFRED RUSSEL WALLACE DAY. In celebration of the announcement 150 years ago, by Wallace and Darwin, of Evolution by Natural Selection, The Sessions House. Usk, Monmouthshire.
- Exhibition: Fred Langford Edwards' photographs of Wallace specimens, including some from British collections not open to the public.
- Fred Langford Edwards on the research he is undertaking on Wallace, in Britain, Brazil and Borneo with the support of a Wellcome Trust Award.
- Earl of Cranbrook on Wallace's scientific work in Borneo.
- Mr.Rambli Ahmad, on the Wallace trail in Sarawak, Malaysia (To be confirmed.)
- Professor David Collard on the later Wallace as an economic and social reformer.
The launch by Seren of Anne Cluysenaar's illustrated poem-sequence Batu-Angas: Envisioning Nature with Alfred Russel Wallace (Seren), followed by a short reading. Anne will be available to sign copies.
Excursion: At the end of the day, and if the weather is fair, participants will visit the recently-erected Memorial near Wallace's birthplace just over the river from Usk town.
All events and coffee on arrival: £5
All events, coffee on arrival, lunch and wine/ coffee/soft drink, £11.
To book please contact:
Anne Cluysenaar at firstname.lastname@example.org or Stella Collard at email@example.com